History / Awards
The story of Oregon Hot Tub begins in April 1979, when the company’s founder began installing a variety of wooden hot tubs and in-ground fiberglass spas and opened a retail store in Beaverton, OR. Three years later, in 1982, the company started test selling a new hot tub, the Classic®, which was Hot Spring® Spas only model. The hot tub quickly gained a reputation among Oregon Hot Tub employees and customers for its durability and craftsmanship. In October 1982, the company’s founder decided to carry Hot Spring Spas only—becoming the first retail store in the United States to exclusively offer the energy-efficient portable hot tub line.
Oregon Hot Tub has worked closely with Watkins Manufacturing, markers of the Hot Spring Spas, to establish itself as one of the premier Hot Spring Spa dealers in the country. O.T. Neal, Watkin’s V.P. and Marketing Director, used to send new prospects from around the country to Oregon Hot Tub to be sold on the quality of the Hot Spring Spas line. And in 1987, the company pioneered the industry’s first sales consultant training school.
Over the years the company moved and opened new locations to establish the five showrooms, outlet store, and service center it operates today: the Beaverton showroom in 1982; the Salem showroom in 1990 (temporarily closed for relocation); the Bend showroom in 1994; the Clackamas showroom in 1997; the Outlet Store and Service Center in 2000; and the Vancouver showroom in 2002. Also, the company has expanded its product offering to include Helo saunas and pool water care products and accessories.
In 2008, the company saw a management shift. And though a new owner oversees the company’s operations, the company strives more than ever to stand by its philosophy and values. Oregon Hot Tub is “pushing the envelope” in customer service and expanding its efforts to better the community and the environment.
During its 30 years in business, Oregon Hot Tub has earned numerous awards for its stellar business practices, including but not limited to:
- 2011 Locksin-Thompson "Dealer of the Year Award"
- 2010 Certified Retail Store: This award was presented by Spasearch.org to our Beaverton, Clackamas, and Bend showrooms for being the best local hot tub stores--based on audited results of Sales, Service, Operations, and Customer Satisfaction
- 2009 Retailer Excellence Award for Marketing and Promotions
- 2006 Superior Consistencies
- 2005 Scott Smith Customer Satisfaction Award for Retail Service
- 2005 Aqua 100 Hall of Fame and eight-time Aqua 100 Award winner
- 2004 Hot Spring Territory Dealer of the Year
- 2003 Outstanding Arts Sponsor Award from the City of Beaverton
- 2000 Hot Spring Territory Dealer of the Year
2010 Community Contribution Highlights:
- Sponsored the KRKT Cares for St. Jude Kid's Radiothon, which raised $78,000 for St. Jude Children's Research Hospital